Coopers (coopercoated.co.uk), a producer of high quality nonstick coated steel, has put sustainability at the heart of its business, from the resource it uses to the application and the recycling of the waste.
Initiatives have included:
- Commitment to being 100% free of NMP coatings
- Improved efficiencies to get utilisation of metals to 95% and coatings to >90%
- Partnering with the Carbon Trust to install equipment to destroy VOC gases to prevent them entering the atmosphere
- Recycling water in a closed loop system before returning it clear and reoxygenated into the environment
- Any coatings waste is recycled into viable solvents and fuel for firing cement kilns
- Only using packaging materials that uses timber sourced from FSE accredited suppliers and wrapping product with its own recycled coated metal