Top rated Mobeus VCTs fundraising makes strong start
This 2019/20 tax-year’s Mobeus VCTs fundraising has opened with a strong start, raising £18 million in the first three weeks since launch.
Mobeus VCT Fundraising
The Mobeus VCTs are the top-rated generalist VCT offers currently open for fundraising according to commentators Tax Efficient Review and one of the top rated by Allenbridge (part of MJ Hudson).
- Strong Mobeus VCTs performance:
- 17 realisations realising cumulative cash gains of £134 million since 1 January 2014;
- A total of £68 million deployed into 16 businesses since the introduction of the new VCT rules in November 2015.
- Strong returns for Mobeus VCT shareholders. Over the five years to 30 June 2019:
- NAV Cumulative Total Returns ranging between 24- 30%, excluding the additional benefit of the initial tax relief;
- Tax free dividends paid ranging from 73.0 pence to 84.00 pence per share (including dividends paid to date).
The offers are seeking to raise up to £38 million, with over-allotment facilities up to a further £20 million.
Mobeus Partner and head of growth capital, Trevor Hope, said:
“We are delighted to be raising funds for our consistently high-performing VCTs for the first time since 2017. Our last fundraising proved very popular, so I encourage early applications from both existing shareholders and new investors, to ensure these are satisfied in full.
“Over the last two years we have focused on our growth investment strategy, expanded our team with exceptional growth investment professionals and continue to attract a great pipeline of interesting, exciting and fast-growing British businesses, in anticipation of and response to the changes in VCT rules. We are well placed to continue delivering good returns for our shareholders.”
The last fundraising by the Mobeus VCTs in the 2017/2018 tax-year proved to be very popular with investors. The Mobeus VCTs raised £80 million in aggregate.
15 November 2019
“Overall, offers for four of what have become amongst the best performing generalist VCTs managed by one of the largest and most experienced management teams in the industry.”
Independent analyst, Martin Churchill at Tax Efficient Review