Mobeus launches top rated generalist VCT fundraising
- The four VCTs managed by Mobeus Equity Partners (“Mobeus”) have launched fundraising offers seeking to raise £39 million in aggregate.
- Top rated generalist VCT fundraising by Tax Efficient Review and Tilney Bestinvest.
- Strong 2014 Mobeus VCTs’ performance has seen:
• Seven profitable realisations realising cumulative cash gains of £63 million.
• Aggregate dividends paid of £32 million, representing at least 14 pence per share paid by each VCT.
• £31 million invested in six companies.
Mobeus has a consistent strategy of investing in UK companies that are privately owned, established and profitable, primarily to finance Management Buy Out (MBO) transactions.
Proceeds from investments fully realised in 2014 were EMaC £18.6 million, Youngman £8.4 million, Focus Pharmaceuticals £12 million, DiGiCo £25.3 million, Monsal £6.7 million, ATG Media £16.7 million and MachineWorks £5.9 million.
2014 investments were ASL Technology £3.9 million, Ward Thomas £7.2 million, Tharstern £5 million, Creative Graphics International £6.25 million, Entanet International £6 million, Bourn Hall £3.5 million.
Leading independent analyst, Tax Efficient Review said:
“Overall, offers for four of what have become amongst the best performing generalist VCTs managed by one of the largest and most experienced management teams in the industry. Our top rated Generalist VCT as at 11 December 2014.”
Leading investment planning firm, Tilney Bestinvest said:
“These four VCTs follow the same investment strategy, primarily financing management buyouts (MBOs), and investors who take part in this offer will gain immediate exposure to a diversified portfolio of UK unquoted companies.” “…past performance has been very strong."